• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MFE Profile Building

What is the better choice for a more compelling MFE application

• Continue as a Research Analyst at the Institute

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Work as a Risk Analyst at the Hedge Fund Administrative Firm

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
I am from a finance background having cleared my FRM certification and am currently creating my profile for a great MFE application. I am taking multiple courses in Math and programming so that aspect is somewhat sorted however I am at the junction of choosing between continuing work at a Gold policy Think Tank at IIM, the No. 1 business school in my country as a research analyst, I can indulge in quantitative and qualitative research here under excellent faculty or a corporate job at a Multinational Top Hedge Fund Administration Firm as a Risk Analyst, the job would involve risk analysis and reporting. Any suggestions on what would make my application more relevant and impressive here? Thanks a ton!!

Administration firm? Why is this descriptor added?

If it's actually quantitative research then I'd stick with it. Heck, even qualitative seems alright depending on what you're talking about.

Not really sure what to think here. I'll come back if I remember. Until then, bump for exposure.

Administration firm? Why is this descriptor added?

If it's actually quantitative research then I'd stick with it. Heck, even qualitative seems alright depending on what you're talking about.

Not really sure what to think here. I'll come back if I remember. Until then, bump for exposure.
Hey, thanks for your response. Hedge Fund administrators basically provide services to Hedge funds. Companies like, BNY Mellon. Citco Fund Services. Citi. eVestment Alliance, LLC etc.

Back