• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE MSFM@UChicago V.S. MAFN@Columbia

MSFM@UChicago V.S. MAFN@Columbia

• Total voters
I recently received offers from these two programs. And It's quite difficult to make a decision.

The location of NYC is applealing, but there are many competitors from Columbia MFE, IEOR and other top programs.

Both of these two programs have bad career service, but I'm shocked by the 37% employment rate at graduation for Columbia MAFN(source from quantnet 2019 rankings)

I have read many previous posts and discussions, but I would like to hear new comments. Which program is more advantageous for international students to find a job in U.S.?

Any information or opinion would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.

I recently received offers from these two programs. And It's quite difficult to make a decision.

The location of NYC is applealing, but there are many competitors from Columbia MFE, IEOR and other top programs.

Both of these two programs have bad career service, but I'm shocked by the 37% employment rate at graduation for Columbia MAFN(source from quantnet 2019 rankings)

I have read many previous posts and discussions, but I would like to hear new comments. Which program is more advantageous for international students to find a job in U.S.?

Many thanks.
MSFM is a program that is moving in the right direction.
MAFN seems to only live off from Columbia's MFE reputation.

MSFM is a program that is moving in the right direction.
MAFN seems to only live off from Columbia's MFE reputation.
Hello, I would like to know why do you say MSFM is moving to the right direction? and also, if possible, if you could tell us about your experience it would be awsome

Many thanks.
Congrats, I am wondering if you can share your timeline of the application process. When did you submit the app and receive the offer? Did you have any additional interviews?

mafn has the brand, and then, what else? Does one really think uchicago as a whole brand is much inferior to columbia? Come on mate, we ain't talking about columbia's mfe. Yet still, they are actually 2 programs with no much difference. Finding a job would be a task mainly depending on yourself.

mafn has the brand, and then, what else? Does one really think uchicago as a whole brand is much inferior to columbia? Come on mate, we ain't talking about columbia's mfe. Yet still, they are actually 2 programs with no much difference. Finding a job would be a task mainly depending on yourself.
thank you for your advice.

UChicago FinMath career office has been doing better than before. There are a number of new grads going into top prop shop like Cidatel and IMC right after graduation. I would say UChiago has a great network with local Chicago firms which range from the big exchanges to the top hedge fund / prop shop.

UChicago FinMath career office has been doing better than before. There are a number of new grads going into top prop shop like Cidatel and IMC right after graduation. I would say UChiago has a great network with local Chicago firms which range from the big exchanges to the top hedge fund / prop shop.
Really? New grads getting into citadel sounds gorgeous

Back