• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE MSMF@USC vs MS Comp-Fi@UW vs MSQF@Fordham

For job hunting, which program is the best for intnl students?

• MSMF@USC

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • MS Comp-Fi@WUSTL

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • MSQF@Fordham

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Till now I've got 3 ads, MSMF@USC, MS Comp-Fi@UW, MSQF@Fordham, respectively. And I'm looking forward suggestions sincerely.

USC's program is the one with the best rankings in the three. But its location is not so good as Fordham. (Is Los Angeles really a bad place to find a FE job? ) I just want to find a job after my graduation, so the factors which may affect this are very important to me, such as reputation, strength and location.

I do not refuse to pursue a PHD after MS because PHD is quite valued in my country and Stats of UW is very strong. And Fordham also provide the opportunity to go on a PHD in Finance.

And the last factor is the cost. Fordham is much more expensive than the other two, which makes this program hard to choose...

So, given that job>PHD>cost, which program might be more suitable for me? And what personal qualities do matter in job hunting?

Thanks!

BTW, I'm still waiting results from MSFM@Chicago, MAMF@Columbia, MEFE@Cornell, MSF(Quant Track)@WUSTL, MSFE@UMich and MSMF@BU.

Back