• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE NCSU FinMath vs BU MSMFT

Which Masters Program would you pick?

• NCSU FinMath

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • BU MSMFT

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
Hey Everyone!

I recently got accepted into both these programs - NCSU FinMath and BU MSMFT (with scholarship) and I was looking for advice on which program is better for my career path - Quant Research/ Quant Trading. I don't have any past quant internship and I'm currently more inclined to NCSU because of their career placement stats. Please advice.

Background : I started trading as a hobby in both forex and equity markets a few years back and decided to take it up seriously as a career. I've been experimenting with Algo trading and I've built trading bots, etc. I don't have any relevant past internships and I want to do Quant research/ Quant trading after graduation from my masters program.

It doesn’t look like many alumni go into quant research/trading when looking at the career paths of NCSU.

BU also has several trading related courses that could prove useful.

According to NCSU's website it seems quant trading was among their alumnus career paths but I'm not sure what % of it was

Back