• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Need ideas for capstone projects: sustainable finance?

OK campers, I need your advice again. As some of you know, I teach at NYU, Claremont and Baruch. I've sponsored some very successful projects including ones on ES as a risk measure , commodities, and on regulation.

I sit on my firm's sustainable finance committee as well as on the investment committees and valuation committees for our private equity and infrastructure funds. I'm also the CRO for our commodities subsidiary, so I have great data. How could I marry quant and sustainable finance? If you're at Baruch and you have a good idea, I'll work with you. Everyone else: I'd love to hear any ideas you might have.

I'm doing this because this topic interests me and I think I get as much out of the projects (if not more) than the students.

-Ken

Maybe some projects where students are supposed to do a portfolio analysis of some of the sustainable finance indexes (forgot the name of thoses, but I remember there are quite a few) and therefore try to invest only using "good companies" and compare the performance - maybe even a quantitative strategy such as tactical asset allocation.

Back