• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Need recommendation on Advanced Calculus books

Recommendation needed

Hi ,

I am taking mathematics course in fe class. But i don't have a mathematical background!

Is there any "basic" book that I can understand which include examples?

your urgent help is needed. Tx in advance.

"Random variables, Probability theory, expectations and variance, Binomial, Poisson and Normal Distributions, Law of Large Numbers; methods of data analysis, univariate and multi-variate models, estimation, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing problems, analysis of variance, regression and correlation analysis, goodness of fit tests, maximum likelihood estimation; Central Limit Theorems, generating and characteristic functions, moments, conditional probabilities; Markov Chains, random walks as martingales, discrete to continuous stochastic processes, binomial model of stock prices, Arbitrage Pricing Theory, pricing of a European Call Option, Black-Scholes equation."

"Random variables, Probability theory, expectations and variance, Binomial, Poisson and Normal Distributions, Law of Large Numbers; methods of data analysis, univariate and multi-variate models, estimation, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing problems, analysis of variance, regression and correlation analysis, goodness of fit tests, maximum likelihood estimation; Central Limit Theorems, generating and characteristic functions, moments, conditional probabilities; Markov Chains, random walks as martingales, discrete to continuous stochastic processes, binomial model of stock prices, Arbitrage Pricing Theory, pricing of a European Call Option, Black-Scholes equation."

This may also be helpful to supplement your text:

Amazon.com: Schaum's Outline of Probability, Random Variables, and Random Processes (9780070306448): Hwei Hsu: Books

Elementary real analysis by Rudin (or Baby Rudin) is still the Gold Standard. It will go well with your required textbook.

Glad to hear baby Rudin is still so well regarded (my 1st time thru was 30 yrs ago, the last time, 10 yrs). I also found the follow-ons, Rudin's Real & Complex Analysis, and Functional Analysis, as clear and as relevant to financial analysis.

Usually the professor offering the course has the best idea. Why not ask him/her?

Back