• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Need Some Advice!!!

Dear all,
I am currently work as an Actuarial Consultant in kpmg for 3 years,and Now want to transform to be a quant.
So, I am going to apply for some MFE programs , but I am very confused about which Top 10 QuantNet programs may be possible to me as background like this:
Undergraduate: U.S. News in US about 120th,GPA=3.4, Math and Statistics(Double Major)
Graduate: U.S. News in US about 40th,GPA=3.4 ,Actuarial Science
Programming:Python and C++( Have ever learned, but need to refresh)
Several project experience like option pricing,etc.

Going to take:
1:C++ Programming for Financial Engineering (online)
2:Refresh my past courses or take some pre-program courses of Baruch (if possible)
3: Elevate my GRE above 325( if get time )

Very appreciate some advice about possibilities or some pathways of applying Top 10 QuantNet MFE programs.

Hey @Xu Ryan
When do you plan to apply to MFE programs? The answer will determine how long you have to strengthen your profile.
We have so many resources here to help applicants like you get into the best MFE programs with their profiles. There are many guides and articles here that are always useful to go through.
We will be doing a better job to bring the resources forward and put it in one place with tools for you to select the right program.

In the meantime, you have a good plan to address your programming aspect. Taking the QuantNet C++ course is a first great step.
Baruch has some pre-MFE courses that are a great refresher for those graduated years ago.
Some programs do not require GRE anymore so I'm unsure how much effort you should put into it.

If you are currently working, how about doing the MFE part-time and have the company pays for it?

Hey @Xu Ryan
When do you plan to apply to MFE programs? The answer will determine how long you have to strengthen your profile.
We have so many resources here to help applicants like you get into the best MFE programs with their profiles. There are many guides and articles here that are always useful to go through.
We will be doing a better job to bring the resources forward and put it in one place with tools for you to select the right program.

In the meantime, you have a good plan to address your programming aspect. Taking the QuantNet C++ course is a first great step.
Baruch has some pre-MFE courses that are a great refresher for those graduated years ago.
Some programs do not require GRE anymore so I'm unsure how much effort you should put into it.

If you are currently working, how about doing the MFE part-time and have the company pays for it?
Hi Andy,
I am going to apply for Spring/Fall 2024, and my current company will not sponsor this study . Feel free to share with me about the guides and articles that may be helpful, thx!

This is from the Admission Director of CMU MSCF program, Gwen Stanczak
This is from Akram Khan, UCLA MFE student

Hi Andy,
I am going to apply for Spring/Fall 2024, and my current company will not sponsor this study . Feel free to share with me about the guides and articles that may be helpful, thx!

This is from the Admission Director of CMU MSCF program, Gwen Stanczak
This is from Akram Khan, UCLA MFE student
Well Received, Thx!

Back