• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Need suggestion for Graduate degree

Hi!
I am currently pursuing engineering in applied physics. After by bachelors, I am looking to do a Graduate course like MBA or Masters. Due to little to no work experience (1 year+internship), getting into MBA is quite difficult (correct me, if I am wrong).
I am interested in Investment Banking or Analyst as career.

Can someone please advice, which Masters should I be opting for? Or do I have some other options?

Thanks

If you are interested in investment banking you might want to look at a Masters in Finance. If you have strong math skills and the right admissions package you might want to consider Princeton's MFin program as it is sort of MSF, sort of MFE.

I'll caution you though. Banking is very hard to break into and I would consider a variety of careers within the financial industry. Too many people fixate on investment banking because of the salary, but there are plenty of other ways to make good money without working 120 hours a week.

If you are interested in investment banking you might want to look at a Masters in Finance. If you have strong math skills and the right admissions package you might want to consider Princeton's MFin program as it is sort of MSF, sort of MFE.

I'll caution you though. Banking is very hard to break into and I would consider a variety of careers within the financial industry. Too many people fixate on investment banking because of the salary, but there are plenty of other ways to make good money without working 120 hours a week.

Yes, I have been reading about that too.
So, are you saying that I should do the Masters in Finance program and then look into the various careers?
Would you suggest looking towards Masters in Risk Management, Business Analytics?

Thanks

Back