• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Net Basis time series?

Joy Pathak

Swaptionz
Anyone have any net basis (treasury bond/futures) time series lying around by any chance? Any maturity will do. Bloomberg is of no help.

If you have the futures time series with all the different maturities, you can construct calendar spreads, which should approximate the forward basis.

If you have the futures time series with all the different maturities, you can construct calendar spreads, which should approximate the forward basis.

Can you explain this further? How would futures time series between a 10 year and 30 year for example help me find the net basis between the 10 yr current futures and the cash bond that is CTD... ? Also.. remember.. net basis... not gross basis.

Calendar spread not between 10 and 30, but I mean 10 yr future 3 month vs 6 month to delivery.

If you regard the cash bond as a futures with 0 time to maturity, then calendar spread is an approx to a forward basis. Probably not good enough for your purposes I guess.

Back