• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Networking in Bay area for quant and algo trading roles

Hi,

I am currently working in India and would be moving to California in few of months to join a tech company. Have searched and found couple of companies in High Frequency and Algo Trading there but not a great number either.

After completing a year, I would want to move to high requency or a quant firm. Will it be possible to make a switch without pursuing MS in Finance or MBA.

Have started brushing up my concepts in C++, Linear Algebra, Statistics, Probability and Machine Learning. Please suggest if any other topic is also important for such roles. I have currently around 4 year of experience in high frequency and algorithmic trading and its mostly in Java and Python.

Please let me know some networking events in an around Bay area for high frequency roles.Waiting for some valuable inputs.

Back