• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

New book "Advanced Quantitative Finance with C++"

The models in this book don't work in the real world! There is nothing new offered in it! I would be a fool of all fools in buying such a book!

The models in this book don't work in the real world! There is nothing new offered in it! I would be a fool of all fools in buying such a book!
Can you elaborate? A blanket shoot-down - which seems to be your current style - is not very useful.

BTW I was unable to find a TOC, maybe I missed it.

Have you studied and run the codes?

Some possible points:

1. models
2.maths
3. algorithms
4. C++ code

Last edited:
Can you elaborate? A blanket shoot-down - which seems to be your current style - is not very useful.

BTW I was unable to find a TOC, maybe I missed it.

Have you studied and run the codes?

Some possible points:

1. models
2.maths
3. algorithms
4. C++ code

As I've pointed out in my other posts that current models don't work as realistic tools for pricing derivatives in general.

As a derivatives trader, without unnecessary luxury of advanced quantitative tools I could simply and successfully mark vanilla prices using 1D or 2D cubic splines which should be then naturally the model for pricing exotics. How on earth would I imagine anything else more appropriate and simpler tools?

Perhaps you are among the ppl who have been brainwashed and confined themselves in a theoretical box, never looked outside for a realistic approach. As a matter of fact, many traders don't need and will never need the so called advanced quantitatives or Stochastic calculus when making derivative prices. Life can be that simple! Simplicity is bliss!

This will continue to be my lines of attack to any past and current models until you or somebody convinces me with real evidence that we need them.

As I've pointed out in my other posts that current models don't work as realistic tools for pricing derivatives in general.

As a derivatives trader, without unnecessary luxury of advanced quantitative tools I could simply and successfully mark vanilla prices using 1D or 2D cubic splines which should be then naturally the model for pricing exotics. How on earth would I imagine anything else more appropriate and simpler tools?

Perhaps you are among the ppl who have been brainwashed and confined themselves in a theoretical box, never looked outside for a realistic approach. As a matter of fact, many traders don't need and will never need the so called advanced quantitatives or Stochastic calculus when making derivative prices. Life can be that simple! Simplicity is bliss!

This will continue to be my lines of attack to any past and current models until you or somebody convinces me with real evidence that we need them.
Where do you work again?

Back