• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

New GRE for MFE

I wonder how favorably would the MFE admission committee view the new (or as ets says, revised) GRE. I believe it would entail a correct response to all questions to get a perfect score in the quant section of the new GRE compared to the old one where one could get a 800 even by getting a few wrongs. Moreover (in my opinion) the verbal section too is a better judge of reasoning with less emphasis on rote learning of esoteric words and more stress on understanding of passages.

It's all relative. Applicants using the old score will likely be judged against scores that previous years' applicants receive. Applicants using the new scores will be judged based on applicants that use new scores.

The percentile for the new GRE scores as well as a correspondent to the old scores format will be reported. Comparisons between old GRE scores and new GRE scores will be fairly easy to make.

I just took the revised GRE test, should I report the new scale score or convert them to old scales?
new scores.. d same wud be mentioned when the institutes get the official scores from ETS

Wondering how verbal part result is weighed in the application... any idea?

Back