• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

New Quantnet forum software

If you are on a mobile phone, the editor will display the Latex button now. If you are on a desktop browser, click on the
switchmode.png
button on the top right of the editor to switch between WYSIWYG editor and the text editor.

I find the italicized quotes in posts difficult to read, especially in a large paragraph combined with the orange background. Can I change that? Isn't the colored box enough? Feels like the italics is overkill.

This is in a regular browser

I find the italicized quotes in posts difficult to read, especially in a large paragraph combined with the orange background. Can I change that? Isn't the colored box enough? Feels like the italics is overkill.

This is in a regular browser
It's trivial thing to fix but since a new design is coming out soon, I would just wait for it.

We are testing and releasing each feature in phases but there is one feature I'd like to introduce and get people to use/test now.
  • NSFW (Not Safe For Work) mode
Problem: So you are at work and browse Quantnet. You want to hide all the avatars, smilies, images, etc so your boss/coworkers don't think you are looking at Facebook or some other social network sites.
Solution: Go to your Profile -> Preferences and adjust your NSFW options. Hide avatar is self explained. Hide smilies will display :) as :)
You can save this settings per machines so if you log in from work, it will hide avatars and when you log in from home, it will have the default settings to show avatars.

Have fun.

We are testing and releasing each feature in phases but there is one feature I'd like to introduce and get people to use/test now.
  • NSFW (Not Safe For Work) mode
Problem: So you are at work and browse Quantnet. You want to hide all the avatars, smilies, images, etc so your boss/coworkers don't think you are looking at Facebook or some other social network sites.

Solution: Go to your Profile -> Preferences and adjust your NSFW options. Hide avatar is self explained. Hide smilies will display :) as :)
You can save this settings per machines so if you log in from work, it will hide avatars and when you log in from home, it will have the default settings to show avatars.

Have fun.

I was thinking something entirely different for NSFW... :D

Earlier this morning, we took the server down and upgraded the software running this forum. The followings are sample of new features that we now provide.
  • If you choose to receive email notification of every Personal Conversation (PC) you get, the email will now contain the message.
  • A much more powerful search box. You can now search among your posts, your threads, etc. When you are under a section, you can search within that section only.
  • A new prefix system. It's available in places where we have to use subforums before such as the Quant Education section. Now, when you create a thread, you can add a prefix. For example, if you want to create a thread relevant to "Columbia MFE" program, you can add "Columbia MFE" prefix to your thread's title. Click on a prefix will display all threads with that prefix.
  • Ignore feature: you can now hide content posted by members in your ignore list
  • And much more.

Hey Andy, would the upgrades make Quantnet slower? Pages load a lot slower now for me...

Hey Andy, would the upgrades make Quantnet slower? Pages load a lot slower now for me...
To the contrary, the site should be much faster. Anyone with similar symptom? Do you have a mobile phone you can access Quantnet via your mobile network? Try a different browser to see if there are caching issue?

To the contrary, the site should be much faster. Anyone with similar symptom? Do you have a mobile phone you can access Quantnet via your mobile network? Try a different browser to see if there are caching issue?
Hm, the site is faster for me now!!! :confused:
Guess it was just a fluke :)

love the email thing! Yay! Now I don't have to load Quantnet from my phone to see the message posted! :)

Hi Andy,

I'm pretty sure it already exists but I can't find it:

I'm following some threads (through watch thread option) but I just can find them only if there are new posts... is there a specific page where I can find all the threads I'm following?

Thanks!!!!

Back