• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

New Quantnet members say hi

Probably a little late to the party but have to give credit where credit is due.
I’ve been a member since 2020 or 2021 and have loved the community.
I’ve used the forum to learn about everything quant related .
1) I learned about quant programs through the forum and picked the best program for myself through the tracker
2) Learnt about interview preparation and quant job preparation in terms of what to study,prepare and expect
3) Been successful because of the feedback given by academics,industry professionals and students;the community has helped me in numerous ways.
4) Got the opportunity to speak to people with the same interests and help them through the journey of achieving their dreams.
I’ve been an active member since I’ve been applying for MFE programs and I’m very close to graduating from a top rated program. The amount of information on this forum is unreal and I really hope people make the best use of it. Thanks to the creators and the community that keeps this site going,hopefully we’ll get to meet in person at some point in life. Until then,all the best to hopeful quants and practicing quants alike!

The account might be new, but I as a lurker on QuantNet for many years, I was inspired by the success stories and insights shared by the community. At the time, I was a student in a "top" program at a "prestigious" school, but I felt out of place and struggled to fit in among my peers. Being the son of immigrants from a lower-income background, I felt like I didn't have the same opportunities and connections as many of my classmates. It was easy to fall into the trap of self-blame and bitterness, but the conversations on this forum gave me hope. Learning about the principles of a meritocratic field where hard work and skill are valued over connections and privilege opened up new possibilities for me.

Although I'm not set on becoming a quant, aspiring to become one has had a positive impact on my academic and work life. The pursuit of this goal has motivated me to strive for excellence and pushed me to develop a rigorous approach to problem-solving. The resources and support offered by QuantNet have been invaluable to me, from the free guides and discussions to the encouragement of fellow members. Through self-teaching, I've gained valuable knowledge and skills that have helped me in many aspects of my career and life.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to share my story and to be part of this community. For anyone else who may feel like the odds are against them, remember that there is always hope and potential for success. Embrace your differences and adversity and use them to your advantage. Thank you, QuantNet, for providing a platform for aspiring quants and supporting each other in our journeys.

Last edited:
The account might be new, but I as a lurker on QuantNet for many years, I was inspired by the success stories and insights shared by the community. At the time, I was a student in a "top" program at a "prestigious" school, but I felt out of place and struggled to fit in among my peers. Being the son of immigrants from a lower-income background, I felt like I didn't have the same opportunities and connections as many of my classmates. It was easy to fall into the trap of self-blame and bitterness, but the conversations on this forum gave me hope. Learning about the principles of a meritocratic field where hard work and skill are valued over connections and privilege opened up new possibilities for me.

Although I'm not set on becoming a quant, aspiring to become one has had a positive impact on my academic and work life. The pursuit of this goal has motivated me to strive for excellence and pushed me to develop a rigorous approach to problem-solving. The resources and support offered by QuantNet have been invaluable to me, from the free guides and discussions to the encouragement of fellow members. Through self-teaching, I've gained valuable knowledge and skills that have helped me in many aspects of my career and life.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to share my story and to be part of this community. For anyone else who may feel like the odds are against them, remember that there is always hope and potential for success. Embrace your differences and adversity and use them to your advantage. Thank you, QuantNet, for providing a platform for aspiring quants and supporting each other in our journeys.
This is one of the most beautiful post I've ever read here. Thank you for sharing your story and how we played a part in your journey.
Your story is one that similar to many of us who came to the country as immigrants. We strike to provide the knowledge and a supportive community that everyone can use to "even the playing field" as finance is one of the most competitive field to enter.
Your post really makes my day and thank you for that. We have so many people lurking here and it's wonderful to read about stories like this. Please speak out so you don't have to suffer alone with whatever struggle you are facing.

I have been a QuantNet member since 2017. Firstly, a forum like QuantNet with it's rankings and Master Quant Reading List, very quickly reduces any information asymmetry and brings you upto speed right off the bat as an aspirant.

It's an extremely constructive space. I learnt a tonne of things from interacting with peers/seniors here. To list a few, making problem-solving a daily habit, doing toy projects/tasks for self-learning. The connections I have formed here are invauable. Thank you QuantNet.

Just a few days ago, I reconnected with an old member here through LinkedIn. He posted the same admission questions about MFE programs back in 2007, asking QuantNet members to help him with decision. I met him at one of the MFE program open house events so I still remember his distinct profile.
He got a job in the energy industry after MFE and through the last 15, now a oil and gas trader. By sheer coincidence, I found out that my neighbor knew him (when to same school, from same country) and I met his cousin a few times. I'll meet him in the future and will be fun to talk about all this.
This is a really small world and I appreciate the diversity of people come across here. Opportunities are everywhere and it's all started with the people here.

I'd like to welcome everyone who recently joined QuantNet. We have a huge spike of members and it is our tradition to do a little introduction and get to know other members who potentially become our future classmates or colleagues.
I started this in 2006 so I've been around here for a while but it's very exciting to see many new members.
Hey Andy, out of curiosity when exactly did the huge spike happen? Was it February?

This is CJ, a undergraduate student from China.
Quantnet is also a effective website here, too, giving instructions to those who are choosing financial engineering programs, especially its ranking.
Until now, I got rejections from GT QCF and Umich QFRM, and admitted by USC MFE and WUSTL MSFQ. However I am not really satisfied with that, cuz it may couldn't offer me enough help to be a quant in America, so I'm still waiting for new notifications.

Last edited:
Back