• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE No Interview == Rejected already?

I am an undergrad at a US college and applied for Columbia MFE. I've not been notified of any interview from Columbia. Someone said the last day of interview is on Feb 12, so does that mean I've been already rejected by Columbia?

i am in the same boat my friend . I dropped a mail to admissions and they replied that the application is under review.However given the number of interview calls they have sent already , i would not be surprised if i get a REJECT. They are just delaying the inevitable.

I am in the same situation!:(. They are extremely interested in high GPA because I have only heard about people who own a top GPA get the interview invitation.

i am not really sure on that , because i see a good number of international applicants with not so high GPA getting interview calls too. Overall profile seems to matter . Nonetheless wait and watch is the only option ( Let us exercise it ;) )

i am not really sure on that , because i see a good number of international applicants with not so high GPA getting interview calls too. Overall profile seems to matter . Nonetheless wait and watch is the only option ( Let us exercise it ;) )
Well then thats the only thing we can do for now

I am in the same situation!:(. They are extremely interested in high GPA because I have only heard about people who own a top GPA get the interview invitation.
I dont know if Columbia is like Cornell which has different schedules of interviewing and admitting students across regions, but I hope so

I dont know if Columbia is like Cornell which has different schedules of interviewing and admitting students across regions, but I hope so
I haven't got interview from these two schools.:(. Too bad!

i am not really sure on that , because i see a good number of international applicants with not so high GPA getting interview calls too.

Careful. Many countries do not have the extreme grade inflation that is present in US schools. You might see an international student with an 8.0/10 GPA and think they have a low GPA, but they could be in the top 1% of their class.

Careful. Many countries do not have the extreme grade inflation that is present in US schools. You might see an international student with an 8.0/10 GPA and think they have a low GPA, but they could be in the top 1% of their class.
Yeah its true. Highest GPA in my class was 9/10.

i think my gpa is not low, but i did not receive interview invitation.....how to interpret this?

i think my gpa is not low, but i did not receive interview invitation.....how to interpret this?
I'm also an US undergraduate and I haven't received the interview invitation either...It seems like nobody in my school received it...I don't know why

I'm also an US undergraduate and I haven't received the interview invitation either...It seems like nobody in my school received it...I don't know why
I doubt that there could be more than 1000 students applying for this program this year....
I just tried to analyze the tracker for candidates who got interviews, but unfortunately i could not conclude what kinds of students may receive the interview invitation....at first, i just think that CU will only give interviews to students who are math or science major without any finance background, and CU may just want to check if these students know some basic financial stuffs. but from the tracker, i found some who have tons of years of banking experience also got interviews, then i get stuck....

I doubt that there could be more than 1000 students applying for this program this year....
I just tried to analyze the tracker for candidates who got interviews, but unfortunately i could not conclude what kinds of students may receive the interview invitation....at first, i just think that CU will only give interviews to students who are math or science major without any finance background, and CU may just want to check if these students know some basic financial stuffs. but from the tracker, i found some who have tons of years of banking experience also got interviews, then i get stuck....
T T

Back