• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NTU - Nanyang MFE 2012

Yeah, submitted the documents and completed all the process last week of January... The "Application Status" says under process, dunno how long will they take! :(

Yeah, submitted the documents and completed all the process last week of January... The "Application Status" says under process, dunno how long will they take! :(
Did you guys apply to NUS as well?

Yeah NUS MFE too.... Waiting for their reply too...:unsure:
If you are from SG , could you tell me which has a better local reputation or say if you are accepted by both..which one are you more likely to join?

NUS is the better university, while NTU has a better (more marketable) business school.

NUS' MFE is tailored towards part-timers (about 3/4 part-timers), while NTU MFE has less than 1/4 part-timers.

In the case of NTU, for the past 2 years and from people I personally know (all staying in Singapore), it typically takes about 2 weeks to be scheduled for an interview after submission of a complete application. Those who were successful were offered a place within a month of their interviews. Those who weren't were then placed on a waitlist, but could still get an offer depending on the other responses.

I don't know about the scheduling of phone interviews if you're not living here.

If you are from SG , could you tell me which has a better local reputation or say if you are accepted by both..which one are you more likely to join?
Which one is better has mixed responses, depends on you at the end. As far as my choice is concerned, I am going to go for NTU. I like their curriculum more.

P.S. I am in Pakistan

In the case of NTU, for the past 2 years and from people I personally know (all staying in Singapore), it typically takes about 2 weeks to be scheduled for an interview after submission of a complete application. Those who were successful were offered a place within a month of their interviews. Those who weren't were then placed on a waitlist, but could still get an offer depending on the other responses.
I don't know about the scheduling of phone interviews if you're not living here.

Yeah that's what I've read in various forums, they take their sweet time! I am in Pakistan, so I am not sure how they schedule interviews for foreign applicants. This is what I asked NTU, and theyre reply:

Me: Is the application evaluation/admission process carried out on a rolling basis or do the interviews begin once the deadline has passed and the admissions closed?

NTU: A combination of both. Some interviews have already been conducted while the majority are conducted after the application period has closed.

So now I am confused if the difference is between local/foreign applicants or what. Hoping for the best though....:unsure:

I have a skype interview with NUS on the 8th of March.... Could you tell me what you were asked in your interview (if you had one)?

I also received the notification of the interview, but mine is a scholarship one. I haven't received any interview from NUS before.

Oh ok... Cool! Have you applied to NTU as well?

I haven't applied to NTU MFE. So, was the interview e-mail you received yesterday just the first response from NUS MFE for you? Is yours a scholarship interview or just an ordinary admission interview?

I haven't applied to NTU MFE. So, was the interview e-mail you received yesterday just the first response from NUS MFE for you? Is yours a scholarship interview or just an ordinary admission interview?
Yeah it was the first and ordinary admission interview response. Got late in applying, so scholarship deadlines had passed. Still anxiously waiting for NTU's response though...

Can anyone share their interview experience with NUS? Is it technical or just resume and background?

Can anyone share their interview experience with NUS? Is it technical or just resume and background?
Hello Purnima, I had the interview today... brief and casual table talk... here's what they asked:

Q1) How did you find out about our program?
Q2) Have you arranged the required funds?
Q3) My background in Math and Computer (maybe because I am a Finance graduate)
Q4) My queries if any...

Back