• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU Mathematics in Finance

I was wondering if any current students or recent graduates could provide more detail on the program given the last review here was back in 2014. I’m especially curious about common post-graduation career paths. According to Risk.net, the average post-grad 6 month employment rate for the last 4 years is 95%, however, I am finding it difficult to find graduates on LinkedIn that are currently working in quant finance, most results are current students. This is concerning when compared with searches for students/alumni from CMU MSCF, Berkeley MFE, Columbia MFE, or Baruch MFE. Why is this the case? I know Courant’s historical cohort size is considerably smaller than the first 3 programs', but nonetheless, there are simply far fewer NYU MathFin grads on LinkedIn it seems.

With the likes of Dupire, Mercurio, Andersen, etc. I feel Courant boasts arguably one of the best set of faculty among the U.S. quant finance programs, not to mention an awesome suite of elective course offerings. My concern is that the program’s internship and job placement efforts and results are nebulous to outsiders which does not instill much confidence.

Last edited:
Hello, I wonder whether anyone has tried to contact the program directly. On the website it says we should let the program know as soon as possible if we have a deadline from another program. I sent an email to the program about 10 days ago but still have not received a reply. Has anyone tried to contact the program directly? Thanks!

Hello, I wonder whether anyone has tried to contact the program directly. On the website it says we should let the program know as soon as possible if we have a deadline from another program. I sent an email to the program about 10 days ago but still have not received a reply. Has anyone tried to contact the program directly? Thanks!

I apologize for our slow response. We're running a little behind and will respond to you as soon as possible. You can message me privately, if you want to discuss your situation with me further.

I was wondering if any current students or recent graduates could provide more detail on the program given the last review here was back in 2014. I’m especially curious about common post-graduation career paths. According to Risk.net, the average post-grad 6 month employment rate for the last 4 years is 95%, however, I am finding it difficult to find graduates on LinkedIn that are currently working in quant finance, most results are current students. This is concerning when compared with searches for students/alumni from CMU MSCF, Berkeley MFE, Columbia MFE, or Baruch MFE. Why is this the case? I know Courant’s historical cohort size is considerably smaller than the first 3 programs', but nonetheless, there are simply far fewer NYU MathFin grads on LinkedIn it seems.

With the likes of Dupire, Mercurio, Andersen, etc. I feel Courant boasts arguably one of the best set of faculty among the U.S. quant finance programs, not to mention an awesome suite of elective course offerings. My concern is that the program’s internship and job placement efforts and results are nebulous to outsiders which does not instill much confidence.

How do you search for Courant alumni on LinkedIn?

Back