• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE NYU Maths in Finance or Columbia MAFN

My background is Imperial maths undergrad and got accepted by both programs but haven't decided which offer should I accpet. My career prefence is more towards quant research than quant trade. So far, I only gathered some information about both programs piece by piece.

NYU Courant: Seem to dive deeper in maths and better reputation for the career service?

Columbia MAFN: Better title?

Any insight or advice would be super helpful to me and thank you so much in advance!

I am also interested in both of these programs, but decided id prefer CU MAFN over NYU MathFin. Personally, I think that the Columbia program offers more flexibility in terms of courses you can take outside of the required courses, ie taking other courses offered by the math/stats department as electives. Whereas with NYU MathFin, there’s a few set electives that you can choose from and I got the impression they aren’t really open to students taking other courses. For me, this was a pretty important factor.

My assumption on NYU MathFin could be wrong, and would be nice to hear some thoughts on this from alumni.

Back