• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU Quantitative Finance

I applied to NYU's Master in Quantitative Finance the 31st of January. It says that we should get an answer after 8 weeks maximum. I didn't get any news yet.

What about the others who applied?

I would recommend you to directly email them, because I don't think many people from QN apply to this program.

I'm just curious, what drove you to apply to this program? I have a friend who currently studies there, and he is interested in Chinese debt, which makes sense due to the program's strong ties with China. But other than that, I don't really see a reason why you would apply to the program over the MathFin and MFE programs. This is not to say the program is terrible, but it is less established and younger than the two programs I mentioned.

I applied there because I didn't see the financial engineering and mathfin program on nyu's website. When looking on the page i only found the quantitative finance that was related to finance at nyu, that's why...

I applied there because I didn't see the financial engineering and mathfin program on nyu's website. When looking on the page i only found the quantitative finance that was related to finance at nyu, that's why...
You just answered your question about program being good or bad! You applied because ...
@lolalin makes a good observation about this program tailored for Chinese markets.

NYU MathFin has just extended their deadline. This is their website: Home. I would hurry though if you are interested. I think your profile is quite strong. @gautierLyon

Do you think the program really is not good?
I'm not going to comment on the quality of the program since I have A. never taken any of their courses and B. the only person that I know attend the program hasn't graduated yet. However, in terms of "clout" so to speak of the program it is definitely overshadowed by their sister programs at Tandon and CIMS.

Back