• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Online Mathematics Modules

Greetings to everyone. Having spent a lot of time surfing through the forum, I have finally decided to post my question given that I have not found a thread answering it yet. In case there is one, please do post its URL hereby below.
My background is in economics (BSc) and then finance (MSc). I have 5 years of experience in the finance industry in Risk - buy side Risk - currently working for a fund. I feel like Risk - at least in the level I am currently working at, is not very high. And by that I mean how much does Risk get actually involved in the investment decision making process and which tools Risk is using to do that. Although it pays relatively well and the hours are not crazy, I really am eager to get a job that will challenge me more. My goal is to move towards a more hands-on and technical role, most probably still within Risk, but one that's leaning more towards modelling, researching etc.
In terms of Math I have done a fair bit in uni, but not the absolute required to get into a good MFE.
- Calculus 1 & 2 (up to infinite series) but haven't delved into multivariate analysis very much
- Linear Algebra (up to eigenvalues and eigen vectors)
- Stats
- Econometrics
Unfortunately, as you can see the math part of the course was quite light. From researching Quantnet I have come to realise that Calculus (both single- and multi- variate), Linear Algebra, Probability and potentially Differential Equations are the most important modules that one applying for an MFE is required to take. Although doing an MFE is not my goal, I am using it as my benchmark (might not be the most appropriate approach).
My plan for this year is to take the aforementioned mathematics module to refresh/boost my knowledge before I proceed to do the ARPM course. Although I can most probably apply for it now, I want to gain the most from the programme. Therefore, my question to you:
Given that I live in the UK (London) and the educational system is far behind the US one - i.e. I cannot attend individual modules from an undergraduate course in Math - can you please advise US institutions that provide this option online? A great example of that is the University of North Dacota:
UND Online | Degrees & Courses where they have Calculus 1,2 & 3, Linear Algebra and Differential Equations. Can you kindly provide some more?
I am also aware of the MIT Open Courseware functionality. However, that does not include attending lectures and taking exams.

Thank you in advance!

I have originated the following (BTW I also originated Quantnet C++ courses). They are online, hands on and exams/certificate. There are focused on finance and have more depth and breadth than university offerings
I give student prices.

Given that I live in the UK (London) and the educational system is far behind the US one
In what sense?

There are a bunch of other universities offering a single course that you require (Berkeley, UCLA, Standford, Harvard).

Back