• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Online PDE and numerical methods course

Hello All,
Can you guys please suggest where can I do online PDE and numerical methods courses.

I know CVN, but it is too expensive.

In NetMath, their is no PDE course. In Diff. Eqn course their is a mention of PDE. however, I am not sure how much in depth knowledge of PDE is provided in that course.

Can you guys please suggest ?

Thank you.

Read these books to get ready:

1. ODE:

Ordinary Differential Equations by Morris Tenenbaum and Harry Pollard (Paperback - Oct. 1, 1985)

or

Ordinary Differential Equations (Universitext) by Vladimir I. Arnold and R. Cooke (Paperback - July 26, 2006)

2. PDE:

Numerical Methods for Scientists and Engineers by Richard Hamming

Partial Differential Equations for Scientists and Engineers (Dover Books on Advanced Mathematics) by Stanley J. Farlow

No need to spend so much money. If you have strong ODE background go straight to learn PDE and Numerical Methods otherwise start from basis. I see many people eager to graduate quickly but you end up half full. Get the foundation build up is the best choice. My two bits.

Back