• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Opinions on USC MSF and MFE

Hi all, I am looking for opinions on USC Marshall MS Finance and USC Viterbi MS Financial Engineering. Obviously, the MSF is focused more heavily on finance, while, the MFE is not within the business school. I have found the information on their websites to be rather limited and as someone who is unfamiliar with the US job market, how are these programs respected?

Side question: Any insight on the admissions timelines for each program would be appreciated too!

I have pretty much heard nothing positive about USC MFE. Links I’ve seen on quantnet about it:

^the third one I thought was particularly noteworthy. I’d stay away with a 10 foot pole. Seems like they a cash cow program leveraging the USC name and offering none of the requisite support.

I have pretty much heard nothing positive about USC MFE. Links I’ve seen on quantnet about it:

^the third one I thought was particularly noteworthy. I’d stay away with a 10 foot pole. Seems like they a cash cow program leveraging the USC name and offering none of the requisite support.
Cheers mate, had seen a few of those but was wondering if there were any more up to date reviews. Does seem that the career services are weaker for the MFE program. Also 100% agree with those threads that UCLA MFE seems the preferable choice in LA.

The online time we ranked a USC program, it was 4 years ago and it was for the USC Mathematical Finance program.

As you can see, it was unranked due to lack of data. With the data provided, it was at the bottom of the list based on the score.
I have tried to contact the USC MFE over the years but received zero response so I'm not impressed with either USC program.
There is a reason why you can't find the info you need from a program and usually, the reason is not good.
If you can do better, do.

Back