• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Part-time MFE options?

Currently employed as a DevOps Engineer. Prior military US Navy for 7 years and separated in 2007 working as a Test Engineer(No Degree) up to 2019 when I transitioned to DevOps.

Currently working on my Computer Science degree which will finish at the end of this year. I will be taking the CQF in 2023. I currently develop my own trading systems which are retail-based and fairly simple.

I am trying to break into the industry and I have heard the requirements are pretty steep but can only do a part-time school. I have also heard that online MFEs, are not well respected? Any suggestions? Will the CQF be enough?

I did Baruch MFE part time back in 2011, not sure if that is still offered.

Interesting. I did not know that did that, I will look into it.

Back