• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Phone call from Columbia MFE admissions ?

if its according to the application submission date , I would have definitely recieved some news ... I submitted mine on 26 oct .But am still waiting to hear from them .

and has anybody who's been rejected for FE been redirected to OR ?? That would relieve some nerves :P

@roni, @joyceyin:
These speculations are pretty fun to discuss right ;)
But I wouldn't lose sleep over this. They will get to you with a decision eventually and rather soon, I reckon.
Ya I agree with Andy..A big name in ur resume will open few more doors for u but success in career is determined by how good u r at what u do..

@roni, @joyceyin:
These speculations are pretty fun to discuss right ;)
But I wouldn't lose sleep over this. They will get to you with a decision eventually and rather soon, I reckon.

Andy,
easier said then done unfortunately..
frown.png

It seems like there's a mix of accepted Columbia MFE applicants with interview and without interview. Any speculated reason for the without interview acceptances?

I just finished my interview. They asked the same basic questions everyone has already listed. Took a while to get connected to them so I'm assuming they had several people calling them.

oups...Nice catch Roni. I did not even look at the dates. I guess he just updated the status...

I havent received any interview mail yet and my status was pending.. My last year's application was re-activated. I was offered MSOR last year but did not accept it.. I'm anxious after the discussion... any guys managed to make it through wihtout the interview??

Another speculation is that we haven't been accepted to the MFE and now they are considering us for the MSOR :(

I havent received any interview mail yet and my status was pending.. My last year's application was re-activated. I was offered MSOR last year but did not accept it.. I'm anxious after the discussion... any guys managed to make it through wihtout the interview??
Hey,

If you don't mind sharing, what did you do this year to improve your application ?

Hey, guys. I had the interview on Feb 17th, but no reply till now. Yesterday I wrote an email to Adina and she told me the Admission Committee has not make a decision on my applicaiton. It is quite weird and I have to wait untill Mar 1st. Maybe I will be rejected, sign!

Did you indicate that Columbia was your first choice for graduate school? I can't see why they would ask you for a 5 minute interview that didn't really discuss anything specific if they didn't plan on admitting you. However, if you said some other university was your first choice then they may be having second thoughts about your application.

I said that Columbia is my first choice even though I have applied three other programs. I am really confused.
What is weird that the interviewer keep saying fantastic. And I think this means she is satisfied with my answer.
It make me really upset these days.

Did you indicate that Columbia was your first choice for graduate school? I can't see why they would ask you for a 5 minute interview that didn't really discuss anything specific if they didn't plan on admitting you. However, if you said some other university was your first choice then they may be having second thoughts about your application.

Back