• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Phone call from Columbia MFE admissions ?

Phew...as I keep reading these posts, my anxiety levels keep rising...
I guess it is time to just let go... :p
What is to happen will happen. :)
No use in bothering about something over which we have no control.
I agree.. I guess instead of speculating the entire scenario we should wait. We would come to know by today or tomorrow what finally holds for us

Also, how many of us are in pending status? <20-30 I guess. So, it is too early to panic.
Maybe, all of us might get admits :D
Based on quantnet tracker, there are only 20 admits...there are a few seats left....probably for us :rolleyes:
We can panic if/when we finally get a reject :eek:

Until then...cheers :cool: we're still in the game...
;) game on...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, how many of us are in pending status? <20-30 I guess. So, it is too early to panic.
Maybe, all of us might get admits :D
Based on quantnet tracker, there are only 20 admits...there are a few seats left....probably for us :rolleyes:
We can panic if/when we finally get a reject :eek:

Until then...cheers :cool: we're still in the game...
;) game on...:D
Great to see you optimistic. Lets hope thats the case. I know maybe we are the lucky ones after all..

Can you please let us know from where you got this info?
Thanks.

I do some daily check on a bbs which is quite popular with mfe applicants from china. About 4 or 5 guys posted some information about the interview 2 weeks ago, but nothing happened last week.
I get confused about my status casue some people got rej weeks ago and mine is still pending..
Anyway, good luck again to all of us. Hope we can see each other in nyc!

I do some daily check on a bbs which is quite popular with mfe applicants from china. About 4 or 5 guys posted some information about the interview 2 weeks ago, but nothing happened last week.
I get confused about my status casue some people got rej weeks ago and mine is still pending..
Anyway, good luck again to all of us. Hope we can see each other in nyc!
I am in the same spot as yourself. This anxiety is killin

There are like 900 applications at Columbia this year.. we just know a few here whose status is pending. There might be many more. I hope results are optimistic

Totally agree
cuz my friend is got admitted to CMU and rejected by Columbia
they have different standards.
Its not about standards. Every University has its own way to look at applications. U never know what really shines one application to a university

Guys..need your help here. I jus got an admit from Rutgers for the MQF program, how good is the course at Rutgers??

So today is the day, right? Fingers crossed for all of us
smile.png

So today is the day, right? Fingers crossed for all of us :)
"on or before March 1"
Tomorrow can also be the day and they are not robots, lol... perhaps they are falling behind, again.

"on or before March 1"
Tomorrow can also be the day and they are not robots, lol... perhaps they are falling behind, again.
roni do you know what's the deadline for those who got accepted to respond? Just curious.

Back