• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Phone call from Columbia MFE admissions ?

Andy, can you please shed some light on the reason why MSOR won't accept MSFE rejects this year?
Because they don't have to. With an increased number of application across the board, they can use those spaces for students who wanted to go into MSOR in the first place.
And now they can avoid all the bad press about "MSOR recommendation" like in years past.

When you have 1,000+ applications for MSFE alone, you have more flexibility on how you want to shape the incoming class.

does any one know about University of Boston program? How tough is it to get in etc.

@lonely, wrong thread. This thread is full of disappointed and over-anxious Columbia University's applicants...:)
I would recommend you open a new one or check the existing ones. And shouldn't you be looking for Boston University and not University of Boston?

hi everyone
they have started changing the status of applications...one of my friends ( not on quantnet) just had his status changed to Rejected....
pls check urs and let other ppl know

PS: mine is still pending...

what if they have a lower than expected yield? ie. admit 100, only 20 actually enroll

Guys, just take it easy ! don't worry too much about the rejection.Mine is still pending but I'm expecting the rejection email.
We have just experienced the cruelty of the world of finance :\
You can imagine how competitive the market itself is.
Nothing is over, apply to other schools or improve your application and apply next year.

Good luck with everything !

I wish one of you ll are indeed given a chance. Wish ull luck

Some dude was put on the waitlist, today ? why put someone on the waitlist for one day ?
Or maybe he misunderstood them ?

We regret to inform you that you have not been accepted to Columbia University's M.S. program in Financial Engineering. Each year we receive many more qualified applicants to our program than we are able to accept, and hence we are faced with the difficult task of denying admission to many excellent candidates.

We sincerely hope that you will be able to make alternative arrangements for your graduate studies.

just got this e-mail

Back