• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

PHOTO: Dinner/karaoke to celebrate Hasan's job offer !

Hi everyone,

Hasan just accepted an offer from Citigroup's Credit Derivative group and he'd like to invite everyone to a dinner/karaoke night to celebrate the occasion.
The date will be Friday, May 4th. We have a makeup class that day and will head out after class.
I'm coordinating this event on behalf of Hasan. I'd like to invite everyone to join Hasan and RSVP early so I can contact the restaurant/karaoke.

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE JOB OFFER, HASAN !
:band:

Great news Hasan! Looks like you made the right decision two months ago.

If you have not RSVPed, please do so by this Sunday so I can have a precise headcount. If you have already RSVPed, please update it to indicate whether you are to join either dinner/karaoke or both.

For the karaoke part, each person will be responsible for their own cost. Usually, the karaoke parlor will charge per person, usually $6-8/person/hour no matter you sing or not

I am not in that class. What time and where shall I meet everyone? If it's after 830, I think I'll eat first and meet just for the singing.

Woody,
You may want to consider sitting in that class for one night. It's one of the few times left you will see Prof Stefanica teaching :-ss

If not, see us in the vending machine area on the 6th floor at 8:30pm. You have my number.
You can get some 151 going before the karaoke.

On a side note, writing down the songs you like to sing before hand is really helpful. When we get there, you can enter the code into the machine right away instead of looking through the books of 40,000+ songs

Here are my karaoke list.

Scorpions - Wind of Change
Queen - We are the Champions
Queen - We will Rock you
Vertical Horizon - Best i ever had (my new fav song)
Akon - Never took the time
Akon - No matter
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (best song of all time)
Coolio - Gangster paradise
Baha men - Who let the dogs out
..... :smt006

Here are some of RussianMike's fav tunes
Village People - Macho Man
Village People - YMCA
Weather Girls - It's raining Men
.............. :thumbsup:

Woody,
You may want to consider sitting in that class for one night. It's one of the few times left you will see Prof Stefanica teaching :-ss

Sounds like fun. But if you want me to sing at 10pm, I'll have to start drinking around six. :smt030

Sounds like fun. But if you want me to sing at 10pm, I'll have to start drinking around six. :smt030
Not a bad idea. It shouldn't take that long with the help of 151 :dance:

Thanks everyone for updating their RSVP. Looks like we have enough people for a private karaoke room. From the looks of it, it's gonna be one of those wild Guys Night Out :smt006

So here are the list of people signed up for Karaoke
Hasan, Chris, Max, Mike, Billy, Nalin, SP, Andy, Vlad, Woody

picture480large6bi.jpg

How about drinking from 4, attending Dan's Class and then go for the night out ;) ???

Back