• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

PHOTO: Visit UBS Trading floor, Stamford, CT

UBS invites students of Baruch MFE program to visit their trading facility in Stamford, CT on Friday April 27th. Details about the time and location will be announced shortly.

Time: estimated to be onsite around 1-2pm.

There is a limit of 25 for this event so please RSVP early. The event will be closed for RSVP'ing once it reaches the limit.

About UBS
UBS is present in all major financial centers worldwide, with offices in 50 countries. According to the UBS website, the bank had 70,210 employees on March 31, 2006. The 2006 Q1 report breaks these Financial Business permanent staff down by region as: 25,645 in Switzerland, 27,356 in the Americas, 11,341 in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (not including Switzerland), and 5,868 in Asia and Australasia.

Here is some background on the trading floor

The UBS trading floor in Stamford, Connecticut holds the Guinness World Record as the largest securities trading floor in the world. The 103,000 square-foot operation has 40 foot arched ceiling freeing it of columns or walls. The size of three football fields and home to 1,400 traders and staff who handle about $1 trillion worth of transactions a day. It is roughly 227 wide by 410 feet long.

ubsld1.jpg

Hi,

Don't seem to be able to RSVP.

We are scheduled to be on-site in Stamford, CT, between 1pm and 3pm. I am open to suggestions about the train we need to take. There is a limit of 25 students for this visit.

We are scheduled to be on-site in Stamford, CT, between 1pm and 3pm. I am open to suggestions about the train we need to take. There is a limit of 25 students for this visit.

upper limit or lower limit of 25 students?

I thought I was the first one did RSVP last night.
But didn't see my name.

[SIZE=+1]1 trillion / 1400 = 714285714
$700m transaction per head per day? ? ?
[/SIZE]

Chris/Max,

Can you two take care of planning the transportation and meeting details?

Thanks,

Bridgett

Has anyone found out how we can get there ? Meeting location ? Train timetable ? Ticket price ?

After a rough search, it seems that we have 2 options(Metro-North or Amtrak). Here are the links:
http://as0.mta.info/mnr/schedules/sched_form.cfm (we should meet at Grand Central)
http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak (we should meet at Penn Station)

Metro-North is much cheaper than Amtrak. I never took both of the above two. I ever took LIRR(LIRR and Metro-North are both operated by MTA) for several times. It is good and price is cheap.

Hey everyone,

We are to meet at QuantNet lab by 10:30am. We are aiming to take the 11:10 am Metro-North train to Stamford, CT from Grand Central Terminal.
http://www.mta.info/mnr/html/planning/fares/fares.htm
We need everyone to meet up as we will be purchasing a group rate ticket together. The cost will be $12.25 a person for a round trip ticket.

Thanks,

Chris

Back