• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Physics PHD confused with different divisions of Banks

Hi, I am a physics PHD student looking for quant internship in the US. But I found that it is hard to decide which division I should apply to. For GS and Morgan Stanley, they have Strats devision and I know I should apply for it. But as for other banks like Deutsche Bank, Societe Generale, Nomura and BlackStone, they do not really specify what divisions are best for PHD students. Can any one let me know what divisions are best for PHD students in these banks?
Thank you very much!

I don't think it's quite as cut and dry as you're asking. For Goldman, yes there is strats but there is also derivatives analysis, which is chock-full of PhDs from brand-name schools. Which group is best for you will depend on your interests. It'd be good for you to do some research on the different quants at an investment bank. It might even help you during the interviewing.

Back