• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Please could someone help me?

I have been following this forum from a couple of days and I found it very informative and interesting.
I hope you guys will help me to clear some of my doubts.
I am graduated in Economics (Italy) and in march 2012 I'm going to complete my master's degree in International finance and risk management. I underline that my curriculum has only the basic mathematics and statistics. I am very fond of Finance and if I say it's my dream to get a Master's in Quantitative Finance it wouldn't be wrong.
However, as I am almost 26 now and I have to get job as soon as possible otherwise there will me no more chances in future to get job if i pass 28/30. yrs age.
So, I'll go for CFA and at the same time my aim is to get a good job in financial related field.
And in future I would like to work as a Quant. So could you please suggest me how can I create a soundable maths and statistics base in order to prepare myself for MQF.
Do you think it's the best idea to continue with CFA rather than MQF after completion of my current master's degree?
Please suggest me something I am very unsure how to proceed with my career.
Thanks

28/30 is not old at all for any technical career. Go for it. I give a thumbs up for Masters.

Back