• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Please give me an advice (for potential application for MFE)

Hi.

I'm trying to figure out whether I might be able to have admission from US/UK MFE program.
And the final goal is to have a job on US / UK.

1. Education: Top University from South Korea, major: Industrial Systems Engineering (GPA: 3.24 / 4.0)
- Planning to have MS in Computer Science after 2 years (OMSCS)
2. Career: Total 6~7 years of career
1) PM / Data Scientist / Quant Researcher, Stock/Derivative/Crypto (Asset Management / Fintech / Prop Shop, 4+year)
2) Quant Researcher/Trader, HFT Crypto (Prop Shop in Singapore, 2+year, Current)
3. GRE/GMAT: N/A
4. CFA Level 2 (Level 3 Candidate)
5. MOOC Certificates (Coursera,....)
6. Programming: Python / C++ / SQL / linux

Pros
- Work experience (heard that most of MFE program prefer having relevant experience)
Cons
- not fresh graduate (my age is 30 in 2024)
- low GPA

1. Do you think I'm able have admission from MFE Program (especially Top Program)?

2. Does my age matter when applying MFE Program and in addition, assuming I graduate MFE program, does the target companies consider my age..?

3. What else do you think I should prepare? GRE/GMAT or other certificates?

why would you do an MFE when you already have the job MFE students want?

Cuz I want to have job in US / UK and I think it's hard to transfer to those country when I'm with current company
not sure why u would want to move to the UK, but anyways have you even tried to apply to jobs in the us/uk or contacted any recruiters?

not sure why u would want to move to the UK, but anyways have you even tried to apply to jobs in the us/uk or contacted any recruiters?
Didnt tried but heard its really hard to transfer.
I wanna go cuz of its competitive salary and family issue

Back