• View the 2024 QuantNet ranking of the Best UK Quant MSc Programs.

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Plz Guide !!

Hi !!
my GRE score is 760 (Q) and 400 (V) AWA (still awaiting).I really got no idea how bad the score is.. could some help be provided. I want to apply fall 09 in MSFE/MFE , and if these scores are not great then i would rather delay my admission by a year, by giving a retest.
Background: Working IT industry since 1.5 yrs - banking related.
Qualification: E & C Engineering- 68 % (aggr) , Math - 73.4 %, 12th - 75.3 %, 10th- 81.1 % (ICSE)

I am in a real dilemma and any fruitful pointers to next best course of action could be would be really helpful.
Thanks in advance.

I'm not familiar with the grading system you are from but you surely can benefit from retaking the GRE and getting 800Q, 500+V. Also look into taking GRE Math as well as doing CFA, perhaps?
Work on your recommendation, application essay and try to convey your unique strengths to the people who will evaluate your complete profile.
Spend some time researching different programs and answer yourself why you choose those.

Back