• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Possibly interested in going to the "quant" field

Hey everyone....I have been curious about the quant field as it seems like its the new field thats going to boom.....

I am currently an undergrad about to transfer to a 4yr focusing on finance because I love trading stocks...

As far as math skills...its average at best...currently taking calculus with an A....

but math is def not my thing.......

Should I go into the quant field...if I don't love math? or should i stay out of it?
Im just curious what kind of undergrads would best fit what you guys are looking for.
Thanks

I agree with what Andy said.

If you don't like math than quant work probably isn't for you. I would recommend majoring in more than just finance because finance alone doesn't really give you a competitive edge. Double majoring with economics would be interesting.

Look into taking the CFA and get some relevant internships.

Thanks Andy for that link...and I will read those books if I am deadset on being a quant....but I dont want to pay for those books right now(college student-broke).

I used to love math and was in the honors....but quickly fell back after not using it for sometime.....
Is there possibly any intro website to the world of quants and what it is all about?
I tried to youtube some videos....and came up with algorithims/black box....but still clueless.

Back