Pre-Requisites question, please advise, urgent

Hi guys and gals. I am still short of a few classes from what I can tell is the general consensus of pre-reqs required to apply to mfe programs. I am planing out my summer schedule at different CUNY's to finish what I need and hopefully apply in December for September 2014 MFE. The registration window closes in a few days for me so I need to decide fast

Total gpa 3.2 econ major, believe it or not I made some silly mistakes in some very easy stupid classes like english poetry and gym, and peer counseling and advising and one accounting course which brought my gpa down. :(

Here is what I've taken and the grade I've earned:
CALC/DIFF & INTEGTN = A+
INTRO Econometric = B
CALC/INTEGRTN & INFI = A-

I was a pre-med concentration student as well which means I took
General Chem 1&2
Bio 1&2
Organic Chem 1 & 2
Physics 1 & 2

and I earned nothing lower than a B in all those classes, mostly A's

I also have a whole slew of econ courses taken that I earned A's in

Now what I feel is missing from my profile are these courses

1. Prob/statistics === even though econometrics is exactly that, Im not sure if adcoms would feel like econometrics is sufficient. We used conditional prob, and performed regressions in Stata to solve problems etc.

2. Calc 3 === I've only done Cal 1 and 2 and most programs require calc 1,2,3

3. ODE === see this as a requirement in many schools

4. Programming class in C++ === again see this as a requirement

5. Linear Algerbra === of course cant forget this guy

Other than these five courses is there anything that I am missing?

Also can I apply without having completed these courses and get a conditional acceptance from schools?

Econometrics is probably not enough to satisfy the probability and statistics requirements. You need a course, preferably two courses, which develop probability and statistics using Calculus.

It looks like neither your math/programming are currently adequate to apply to MFE programs, so I would take all of those courses and not skip anything.

The Baruch pre-mfe courses really interest me http://mfe.baruch.cuny.edu/pre-mfe-program/

But these dont seem to be regular college courses, so does that mean if I took these courses at Baruch that other schools would not consider them as pre-requisites. Would it be better for me to just take regular classes rather than pre-mfe courses?

Thanks guys

Back