• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Preferred project for a Quant Role

Hi All,

I am trying to make a transition towards to a quant role and currently doing a masters in financial mathematics

I have shortlisted these 4 projects to get me better insight into the quant world. I can only choose one.

----Using Fourier Transform to solve PDEs generated for option pricing.

(Its an interesting one as it allows me to compare methods between fast Fourier Transform, Fourier space time-stepping and Fourier-cosine series, a bit similar to the kind of model comparison work quant industry practitioners do)

-----Stock diffusion method using Kou jump-diffusion model

(Personally not very interested in this topic as most of work will be around pricing exotic options and I am not sure how much they are applicable in Financial Industry based in London)

-----Stock diffusion method using constant elasticity of variance model

(Again not sure about how applicable in this current industry)

-----Using alternating direction implicit (ADI) to solve PDEs generated for option pricing

(Again sounds like a interesting topic but a bit concerned on the complexity of this topic / code implementation side . Also not sure about how much ADI method is currently used within the industry.)

I am aware that depending on the accuracy and time requirements , methods change from banks to option trading desks, but I wanted to gain some insight into which of the above projects will provide the closest experience to a real life quant role. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks #options #finance #trading #modelling #optionpricing #financialmathematics #blackscholes

Perhaps this might be be better attended to or responded to if it was under a different Sub Section rather than UK Quant Programs.

Back