• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

PRM versus FRM

Hi everybody,

This question is primarily addressed to people who are presently working in wall street.

How is PRM comparable to FRM in terms of recognition on wall street.Do managers have a particular preference for either one of them.

ASFAIK FRM is recognised more in UK and PRM in UK.

I used the search function a few times but couldnot find any results.

Bye

The FRM is Financial Risk Manager given by GARP
The PRM is Professional Risk Manager given by PRMIA

Oh...exams.

After my experience with actuarial science, I view all "professional exams" as time and money sinks which make you study content you never use and give you a title that means nothing.

When there's actually a set of exams that actually tests for knowledge which will be used in the workplace, I'll be less of a skeptic.

Oh...exams.

After my experience with actuarial science, I view all "professional exams" as time and money sinks which make you study content you never use and give you a title that means nothing.

When there's actually a set of exams that actually tests for knowledge which will be used in the workplace, I'll be less of a skeptic.

I have read your comments about quants being "rear view mirror" drivers.About acturial exams being pointless actually they mean a lot,just look at the salaries of the actuaries.Not bad I guess.Passing is not that easy, AFAIK.

Back