• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Professor Needs Advice For Model Validation Assignment

I'm assigning a model validation problem to a graduate class I'm teaching. I ran this function at a big bank, so I'm very familiar with the process. I have a student very interested in the swap market, so I figured a good model for him to validate will be one that takes the short rate (formerly known as LIBOR-to-first, and yes, I'm dating myself), the strip of eurodollar futures and the swap nodes to create a function that could create an arbitrage-free, continuous YC into which you'd enter the maturity of interest and get back the swap rate.

This was a standard homework problem in Wall Street training programs in the 1990s and I thought it would be a good model to dissect. (I actually did it while I was a trader, back in the day.) Is there an online site that does this calculation?

Since I'm not sniffing around model vendors since I retired, I'd also be interested in any other ideas people have for documented models (pricing or risk) that could be validated by an MS student.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back