• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile development advice for the competitive/valued MFE programs .

Highest probability to get into either of these programs.

• CMU

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • NYU Tandon

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • NYU Courant

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Cornell

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Hi, I am currently a junior majoring in Computer Science and a double minor in Math and Stat, an international student (studying in the States; uni ranked mid 60s in National Universities ), with a current 3.74/4.00 GPA. I am yet to attempt the GRE.

After advice from a professor, I am enrolled for a few grad classes at my uni for Spring'21 and also plan to take a few in Fall'21 .
Over all these grad classes are:
1)Stochastic Calc, {Martingales, submartingales, and supermartingales; diffusion processes; applications.}
2) Linear Algebra. { Theory of endomorphisms of a finite-dimensional vector space.},
3) Monte Carlo Sim. {Metropolis-Hastings and Gibbs sampling algorithms, and Markov chain theory for discrete-time continuous-space Markov chains}
4) Numerical Analysis {Sparse matrix techniques, linear least squares, singular value decomposition,}
Also, about 3 core Comp. Science classes left to complete major. Couple of gen eds left.

I have no internship experience in the States but have been working actively in a funded tech startup founded by my friends (in the States).
During summer of 2021, going to be a part of research with a prof in Options Pricing Theory and also with another Prof in topics involving Monte Carlo Sims.
Also, attempting the CFA Level 1 exam in Aug'21.
Currently, working towards obtaining a BMC certification from Bloomberg.
Have been a Teaching Assistant for Physics Mechanics course and Computer architecture class for 2 semesters.

I want to utilize the remaining year before the application deadline in the best possible way to develop my profile. Open to all recommendations and advice.
I also have a couple of questions:
1)Should I take the Baruch pre-MFE will it help in for grad school application process?

2)My dream programs are at Courant/Tandon/ CMU/ UCLA/Cornell. Is there even a remote possibility to get accepted into them? If yes, what are the best ways to tailor my application for these programs?

3) My dream job is in quantitative investment management (like a Portfolio Management). Which the best program that allows me to choose electives related to investment management?

Back