• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Programming Courses- any Baruch students can advise?

roni

Cornell FE
I have a few questions:

1) The math department offers these classes:
MTH 3300- Algorithms, Computers, and Programming I
MTH 4300 Algorithms, Computers, and Programming II (offered infrequently )

and the CIS department offeres these classes:

CIS 3100 - Object-Oriented Programming I
CIS 4100 - Object-Oriented Programming II
both of these classes are offered every semester...

I was wondering if I should take these classes in the CIS department or in the math department?

2) Also, I don't think Baruch offers any Data Structure classes. And, the math department has a class named "Fundamental Algorithms" and I can take this class right after MTH 3300. Is it a regular Algorithm class?

Or should I take Data Structure and Algorithm classes in a different campus ?

Thanks,
Roni.

Could you please say:
What is your objective behind taking these classess? What is your background(current major)?

My objective is to have some programming background on my transcript for the different MFE programs. I am a finance major but am trying to build a good math and programming background.

Back