• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Project Finance... Any Pointers?

I have done project finance modelling. Natural gas pipelines for a large midstream company.

What do you want to know?

Really just looking for help/resources to assist with modelling project finance in excel. We've tried working with some sources to help but people are reluctant to assist. Anything would be helpful... Books, workshops, blogs, other internet sources, etc.

Really just looking for help/resources to assist with modelling project finance in excel. We've tried working with some sources to help but people are reluctant to assist. Anything would be helpful... Books, workshops, blogs, other internet sources, etc.

I just used resources from work and the rest I just did myself. I did have to learn quite a bit of standard accounting stuff to do it so maybe go over that. It all depends on the project. I had to project gas prices(just built a monte carlo simulation for that) and try to get an estimate of future cash flows and what not for the firm from the project.

Yeah it's cash flow based with some pretty interesting financing structures. I guess I'll be looking forward to some fun Sunday reading.

Back