• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Python used in an Investment Banking Setting

Happy Holidays everyone!

This summer I will be working at JPMorgan and would like to gain some insight into how I can apply programming to my job. I will most likely be working as a liquidity controller or in a financial analysis-related role related to the Global Finance and Business Management Program. I have done some basic things in Python such as using data visualization to illustrate changes in economic indicators such as CPI, GDP, unemployment rate, etc. But I'm wondering about some other things I can do in Python to help with financial analysis or any task related to liquidity management (controllers). I know this is a very broad question, but I would really appreciate it if anyone is willing to give me an answer to help guide me in the right direction.

Is there another resource that you can recommend where I don't have to pay $1,250? I am a college student and don't have that type of money to spend.

Is there another resource that you can recommend where I don't have to pay $1,250? I am a college student and don't have that type of money to spend.
Yeah, youtube, books, Coursera etc. The internet has a sea of knowledge, the courses do grow on trees!

I meant courses where

1. you learn real professional programming
2, work on real examples, not silly ones
3 exercises and feedback from TA
4. does trainer/originator have industry experience?
5. testimonials and quality of course.
6. Course pruning, updates etc.

These are measurable metrics.

// Welcome on Quantnet!

Last edited:
Back