• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

quant career for Ph.D. in finance /accounting?

I am actively seeking a quantitative analysis and trading position. I have CFA and a Ph.D. in accounting, but doing research close to the empirical finance area. I am familiar with most databases, but only used SAS and Fortran programming. I saw from this forum that most quants are using C++ and highly-advanced maths modelling.

Does anyone know whether there is a market for people with background like me? Which head hunter should I talk to?

Thanks so much!

Fulltime Quant Opportunity

I have couple of Fulltime Quant opportunity which involves for building front end pricing models / pricers for voice-brokers.

Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Quantitative Analysis -IR vanilla & exotic instruments, structured products in both Equity & Credit markets
Derivative Pricing / Modeling - IR options (Monte Carlo, BGM, Libor Market, HW models), must be able to deconstruct complex deal structures & derive a valuation methodology

Todd Fahey

I work with Todd, and he has an encyclopedic knowledge of all things quantitative, and he has an extensive network of contacts on the street.

I am a phd student in electrical engineering at Duke, I have an internship interview with Goldman in two weeks (..and know close to nothing about quantitative finance). Can anyone give me advice on how to prepare and what to prepare with?

i saw some posts online and i found insurance industries do need people who are good at SAS programming for actuary job.

Shoot me an email and I will send you some prep materials.

they aren't expecting you to know much, but the more you do, the better. Use the internship to network, as well as learn about finance.

Hi Dennis,

I'm in a similar situation to KGKG, looking for Quant opportunities.

I have a Ph.D. in stochastic systems and computational intelligence, experience in optimization, applied math and modeling in aerospace and industrial engineering applications, and am completing an MBA in Quantitative Finance at U. of Chicago.

Would it be okay if I forwarded on my resume as well, so that you can see if any of your opportunities line up with my skillset as well?

Back