• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quant Internship and Graduate recruitment - A Firms List

Can I ask a question, thank you!

Why firms like Tower Research Capital is listed as Hedge Fund, but DRW Trading is Prop Trading firm?

My understanding is Tower is not a typical hedge fund, but can be account as new type of hedge fund, then how about DRW trading? Also, how about GETCO, GETCO is very similar to Tower Research Capital, right?

Perhaps it's a lot to ask with such a big list, but it would be convenient if their respective locations were also listed next to the name. At least, for new additions.

Why firms like Tower Research Capital is listed as Hedge Fund, but DRW Trading is Prop Trading firm?
Semantics. I didn't want to spend too much time on categorizing each firm to the exact nature of their business which is less than ideal. Financial firms do all kind of business these days.
Perhaps it's a lot to ask with such a big list, but it would be convenient if their respective locations were also listed next to the name. At least, for new additions.
Many firms have multiple offices around the world but unless you want to find firms in remote locations, it's understood where the big financial centers are.

Many firms have multiple offices around the world but unless you want to find firms in remote locations, it's understood where the big financial centers are.

True, but most of these firms are not in all major financial centers, right? Grad students looking for summer quant internships may want to stay near their campus. I can already tell that one of the first steps I take with this list will be visiting many of the links just to find out if they offer internships near my campus.

hi Andy,
thanks for the comprehensive list. I am new and looking to change career in quant.
However, when i search those hedge fund companies (their website) don't list career section.
So, how can i apply a job? I never find those names in workopolis, indeed, simplyhired or elsewhere.

thanks

We can add Consolidated Trading LLC to the list ? Know a couple of MFin / MFE guys working / going to work there, thanks!

I am an undergrad in math and stats with not too much coding experience or quant work experience.. i do not know what kind of quant role i want
I am going to start my MS applied math degree in fall 2021 at Columbia
When is a good time to start applying for summer 2022 internships? and when does the application period begin and end ?
How can i make my application strong for internships? I am already doing coding courses in python and revising math and stats topics from my undergrad curriculum

Back