• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quant internships in Canada.

Do they even exist? Every search I've ran only shows internships in the U.S. If they do exist, how should I go about getting one? I'm currently a PhD student in engineering physics, so I don't even know if I would qualify for an internship...

The Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan for example, hires graduate students in quantitative disciplines as interns to work on their models.

Network, start reading up on quant finance, go to conferences, cold call, take a finance course and talk with finance/math finance professors at your respective university. Reach out through friends and family with any ties to the finance industry.

Yeah they do exist. You can check placements of toronto MMF or waterloo MQF to see firms that hire quants. I know for sure Big 5 hire quants, insurance companies like sun life or manulife do hire quants for their modelling work. CPP investment board does hire quants. There are some more however it is a smaller market compared to the states.

Back