• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quant Resume - Feedback

Hi All,

I'm interested in looking for a more quant-oriented role in the investment/trading/asset management space (Not trying to be picky :)). Currently work in a commercial bank and am interested in a career change.

Usually, I don't like including Summary on resume, but felt I would need one due to my work experience which has mainly been in Credit Risk for Banking. One worry I have is being pigeonholed to these types of roles.

Would appreciate any feedback or advice on a skill/project I could work on to enhance it.

Attachments

• QuantNet_Resume_Sample.pdf
    100.9 KB · Views: 562
Thoughts at random: There are a few things you can do with how you label each section that will improve this. Skills should be grouped further - programming versus platforms, frameworks, and "canned" software. Maybe go for two pages, and changed how each work exp is detailed. Do you have a Git, and does that Git have readme's in every folder? It can be a great additional link to put at the top IF the Git is well-organized and well-documented/described.

Back