• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

QuantNet Best-selling Quant Books of 2017

QuantNet has been compiling the annual list of best-selling quant books our members purchase every year since 2010 (see the best-selling book lists of 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010). The following list is 20 best-selling quant books of 2017 (both hard-copy and ebooks). The first ever non finance related book that made our list is #20 Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance.

quantbooks-jpg.17852
  1. 150 Most Frequently Asked Questions on Quant Interviews - Dan Stefanica, Rados Radoicic, Tai-Ho Wang
  2. A Primer For The Mathematics Of Financial Engineering, Second Edition - Dan Stefanica
  3. A Practical Guide To Quantitative Finance Interviews - Xinfeng Zhou
  4. Fifty Challenging Problems in Probability with Solutions - Frederick Mosteller
  5. Solutions Manual - A Primer For The Mathematics Of Financial Engineering, Second Edition - Dan Stefanica
  6. The Complete Guide to Capital Markets for Quantitative Professionals - Alex Kuznetsov
  7. Quant Job Interview Questions and Answers (Second edition) - Mark Joshi
  8. A Linear Algebra Primer for Financial Engineering: Covariance Matrices, Eigenvectors, OLS, and more - Dan Stefanica
  9. When Genius Failed: The Rise and Fall of Long-Term Capital Management - Roger Lowenstein
  10. My Life as a Quant: Reflections on Physics and Finance - Emanuel Derman
  11. Heard on the Street: Quantitative Questions from Wall Street Job Interviews - Timothy Crack
  12. How I Became a Quant: Insights from 25 of Wall Street's Elite - Richard R. Lindsey, Barry Schachter
  13. C++ Primer Plus (6th Edition) (Developer's Library) - Stephen Prata
  14. Stochastic Calculus for Finance I: The Binomial Asset Pricing Model - Steven Shreve
  15. Elementary Stochastic Calculus With Finance in View - Thomas Mikosch
  16. Frequently Asked Questions in Quantitative Finance - Paul Wilmott
  17. Options, Futures and Other Derivatives (8th Edition) - John Hull
  18. Stochastic Calculus for Finance II: Continuous-Time Models (Springer Finance) - Steven Shreve
  19. Cracking the Coding Interview: 150 Programming Questions and Solutions - Gayle Laakmann McDowell
  20. Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future - Ashlee Vance

I've found a few of these cheap, <$10, at thriftbooks.com but I still need '150 most..' and 'A practical guide..." #1 and #3 on the list. Any suggestions on other online stores to find these cheap?

Tuition and a mortgage isn't cheap.

I was actually thinking about getting this book. What kind of a background do you think is required to be able to grasp all the ideas effectively?
Advanced background, very. You have to walk before you can run.

Last edited:
Update: My C++, C#, PDE/FDM, Boost C++ bookcase

Back