• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Questions about MFE

Hi,

I have a few questions about MFE.

1. How is Baruch's MFE different from Columbia and MEng(Operations Research and Financial Engineering) at Cornell? (from an academic perspective)

2. How would a MFE degree from a US college compare to one from a UK college? There are MFE (or computational finance) programs offered by some good UK universities. Are these programs as good as the ones offered from US universities?

3. How much does the analytical writing and verbal scores of GRE affect an application? I have scored 800 in quants, but 500 in verbal and 3.5 in analytical writing and I am really scared about my analytical writing score. I believe that the rest fo my application is strong but my GRE scores are scaring me. Should I retake the GRE?

Any information on the above questions would be really helpful to me :)

Thanks,
Mukul Agrawal

Back