• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

R.I.P. Financial Engineering News

the website was a decent repository of FE-related information (it also featured an interview with our Director Dan Stefanica).
however, it appears that they didn't make it and are therefore selling all of their assets. sad.

let's make sure QN continues to kick ass. actually, this is not a bad New Year resolution ;]

the website was a decent repository of FE-related information (it also featured an interview with our Director Dan Stefanica).
however, it appears that they didn't make it and are therefore selling all of their assets. sad.

let's make sure QN continues to kick ass. actually, this is not a bad New Year resolution ;]

I am just getting to know all the great sites and forums - was FE owned / sponsored by a specific FE program? Maybe another university could pick up where it left off

I am just getting to know all the great sites and forums - was FE owned / sponsored by a specific FE program? Maybe another university could pick up where it left off
The site has been on sale for a while. The editor Jim Finnegan sent out an email shortly after our Baruch MFE article went online. It's a FE-focused news site with subscription. It's not owned by any FE program but partly funded by ads money from the programs that listed on their site.

I found FEN when I took stochastic calc at the Courant. It was a really awesome resource. I recall one article in particular in a "learning corner" type column on Wiener processes that was truly top notch - *very* accessible yet sophisticated enough to be useful to FE students.

It was sad to see them fold, and sad^2 to learn the domain has gone.

There used to be a fantastic magazine called "Quantum" that folded in mid-2001. I didn't learn about it until after it was gone, but a colleague gave me a bunch of issues. It was a truly spectacular magazine. Definitely on the graduate student level. It was probably more entertaining for math, physics, and engineering grad students, but anyone with a technical background would appreciate it. They had really weird and exotic articles like Taylor-like expansions using Legendre polynomials, how Bessel functions arise in nature, some truly wicked brain teasers, introduction to geometric algebras, etc.

They have a tiny sample, only a few pages, available:

http://www.nsta.org/quantum/qsampler.pdf

I've been meaning to scan what few issues I have and upload them somewhere so people can enjoy them.

It's really sad to see such great resources for students evaporate.

BTW, I tried emailing the owner of fenews.com. His email address on the whois database is dead. No way of reaching him unless someone knows him personally.

It looks like quantnotes.com is belly-up as well. I always thought it was a bit silly to use Mathematica to typeset stuff, but still, they had some great articles.

What's going on?!?

quantnotes site is still up for me. It shows "Our website like ourselves is getting old and we are currently in the processes of redesigning. Thanks very much for you support over the years! The quantnotes team."

I don't know about other sites dying out but Quantnet is actually thriving so hopefully we will be able to fill the shoes of all great ones out there.

Back