• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Recommender does not have an active official Id

Hi

Need help on the following issue :
My college professor quit last year, and does not have any active official id as of now. She is on a break as far as her career goes, and can send a recommendation across only though her gmail.
Is a recommendation from a personal id acceptable? Do i get a letter from my college verifying the same?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I am also having a similair problem, my recommenders have changed and move to new Job in Industry as it has been quite some time. Since now they have access to new stationary (letter head of new place and not my university) will that work for me now?

As far as i know, official id of the new place is not be a problem.
In my case, the recommender had no official id active and hence the concern. Though, folks from Columbia confirmed that mail from her personal id will work as long as i submit a proof of any sort, that she was indeed affiliated with the college in concern (eg. mail from the admin committee).

Back