• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

renting a flat in NYC

Hi. Don't know if this was already discussed.

Recently I was admitted to Baruch MFE program and currently am looking for a flat in New York/Jersey City (say <30min to Baruch, 1 bedroom, <80m^2).

For those of you who live/lived there, which places would you recommend and what prices would you find reasonable (of course it is standard dependent but maybe some 1st order approx. ;) )

Thanks for help,
Maciej.

You should save some money living in Jersey City instead of Manhattan. You have to be careful though which part of JC, I am not that knowledgeable, but I do know areas close to Grove station is pretty safe. I might actually move there if I manage to sell my condo in Brooklyn. As for price, I am not sure but you can google 1 bedroom/studio in those area and see for yourself.

Hi MaciejT.

I used to rent a studio two blocks from Baruch ( app. 3k). Now I live in Weehawken (NJ) it takes me 30 minutes to get to work (Tribeca) and 45 min to Baruch. (app 1.5k).

Hope it helps.

In that case, after clicking the link, bump up the price range so the average is about 1750. ;)

In that case, after clicking the link, bump up the price range so the average is about 1750. ;)

I live 10 min walk from Baruch. $1850. You can take over my our lease possibly since I am moving to CT.

is your rent staying flat at the end of the lease? Landlords typically jack it up by $100+ after the first year (because they figure you're not going to pay movers and finders fees once a year).

Back